Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

A Beginning!

I found myself with an opportunity to change careers and pick where I wanted my life to take me. After some discussion with my family, and some long thought, I decided I wanted to learn about developing software.

I found a technical studies school with a good reputation, and began a 9 month course to learn the concept of "Object Oriented Programming" using Visual Studio and C# as a foundation for learning.

I was offered a position as a contractor developing Salesforce the day of my last class. At this point I was new to programming in general, and new to Visualforce and Apex (the languages used to develop Salesforce). I was nervous and embarking on a new career. Naturally I jumped at the chance!

I was fortunate to be brought in at the same time as a few other Developers that had also graduated from the same school that I had. The employer had looked for experienced Salesforce Developers without any success so they decided to bring on some contractors fresh out of Developer school and "make" their own Salesforce Developers.

In the last year I have learned a great deal about the entire Development Process from start to finish. We are involved in every step of the journey from concept to post deployment support.

A fellow developer friend of mine came up with the idea to create some blogs to document the process and share our experiences not just with each other, but with anyone who might be interested.

I could not be more excited!

I could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment